Thursday, September 4, 2008

It just keeps getting better

getting better, all the time! The Beatles sure knew how to belt out some tunes.

I had an interview with a finance temp staffing agency today, and the position they're filling is actually at UIC. I was very pleasantly surprised, and it turned out this position is one UIC ultimately wants to turn into a permanent position. That would be awesome news. I am not quite sure how I'd swing the part time thing, but I told them my min. pay requirements, and the recruiter said part time would be about 25 hrs. a week. It would be worth the juggle of 2 part time jobs to get my foot in the door at a place like that, though. I am thinking positive thoughts, and this week has been a very encouraging one in terms of responses to my job inquiries - the interview today was just set up yesterday, less than 24 hours ago!


Today after the interview I stopped by Trader joes to take advantage of the close location, and stumbled upon a winery called Argyle Winery. Since I live on a street with the same name, it seemed fitting to purchase the pinot noir as a house warming bottle. It was a little more than I had planned to spend a $23 for the bottle, but there was a shiraz on sale of $3.99, so I just got 2 bottles for $27 - not a bad deal at all! So I think this afternoon I'm going to put in a movie, and put my wine rack/bakers cart together. The temp's stayed down, its pouring rain out, and I am feeling settled in enough to tackle some tools. After the cart, I'll start with the spice rack in the kitchen, and putting up the photos from Kevin.

Mmmm.... I picked up some manchego cheese for my wine, I am glad that I waited to truly crack open anything and celebrate. At least today, I feel like I actually have something worth celebrating. And I forgot to buy some bandaids, but I did remember quarters for laundry and to get my cashier's check for october's rent. Just having that money in a check form was a huge weight - I am responsible, I am on my way to being able to consistently afford this place.

My bed is being delivered tomorrow! YAY!!! One last night on this air mattress, though I might keep it inflated as another place for dusty or someone to sit. If it's up against the wall with my roll pillow against the wall, it doesn't make a half bad couch, even if its really really low to the ground.

The other thing about the UIC job that just occured to me - with the winter session break, most likely the school will be shut down for the holidays and so hopefully there'd be no trouble taking time off to take dusty down to Louisville and then do the cruise this winter.

After I get my mental status all sorted out .. time to set some goals on the physical status. I love having these wooden floors, I just need to get my yoga mat out of my truck. I think I will make that my goal, to always have enough room to dance or do yoga, and then I think I'm going to start doing yoga in the morning to combat that negative energy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino