Wednesday, September 10, 2008

12 Day Mark

So my time in the Windy City has almost reached 2 weeks. Today started out with a lot of promise. I had a call back interview for a medical office nearby, and found out that they had selected the top candidate in each of their 3 group interviews, and so I was one of their top three picks. I had a quick but informative interview with the Clinic Director, who took my references and will be making a decision by this time next week. This office is busy, but they did do a great job of getting back to me within a week of my last interview, so hopefully the 3rd time's the charm when they call, and I will be on my way back to employment very shortly.

The Sears Tower job ended up being a bust - I had given my bottom pay amount, and they were not willing to meet it. I can't afford to go any lower, and it was brought up that working in a bankruptcy law firm might not be the most positive of work environments. Very true. So, all of this went down before I was supposed to leave for my second interview with their hiring manager.



Because I was still bummed about this turn of events, I made plans for a late lunch date with a friend at Potbelly Sandwhich Works. It was my first time eating at this place, but I was very pleased. I got a cup of soup and a sandwich, and it was a great way to kick back for an hour and pretend that I wasn't so frustrated with the state of our economy right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino