Saturday, September 13, 2008

Far From Home


When I parked after some errands last night, my spot ended up being behind a van for the Cambodian Buddhists. I had noticed earlier yesterday that a house across the street was putting up prayer flags, and this brought over such a wave of nostalgia.

Far much more than I can feel any magnetism driving by a church, these flags are so much simpler... and so much more on a personal level. I have come to love the Buddhists for their embrace of the responsibility of their own path. No one else can do it for you, or tell you what it is you must do to find what it is you seek ... and when you begin, sometimes it is unclear what it is you even seek!

I wish them any peace I can offer ... this world needs as much peace as we can each pull from within ourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino