Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Old Kentucky Home


As I type this I am about nearly done with a quickie road trip back to Louisville to get my winter stuff, as well as the boxes that did not make it in the truck the first time around.

First meetings in new dynamics are always extremely awkward, but I said what I needed to say in order to clear my mind and leave with a clean conscience. While certain moments were far from pleasant, I feel like there is a better sense of closure on where I stood on things, which were hard to discern in all the drama that surrounded my leaving 2 months ago.

It is interesting to watch the interactions others have within their relationships, especially when one party is one you know extremely well. While it can touch a sensitive nerve, at the same time it can be a sign of true priorities, and just how much the human race as a whole seeks companionship, even at a high cost. I can definitely attest to the extreme loneliness, but I have found that I need a balance between my independence and that companionship. I am seeing what the picture would be like if I was willing to significantly compromise that independence, and I am not sure I would enjoy it, in the long term. It would appear that compromise is acceptable to others, and I wish them the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino