Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chicago Style Hotdogs



Yesterday was supposed to be a day that included some mini golf, as well as a run to Scooters for some custard. However, we were a no win for either of those places! The mini golf had already closed for the season, even though we've had mid 70's weather all weekend. For Scooters, it wasn't open until 1:00pm, and we got there at 12:30.

Because someone had to get to work by 2, we ended up heading the way we'd came and had lunch at Flub-A-Dub-Chub's instead. At this place was my second experience with the Chicago style hot dog eating. The picture to the right is exactly what my hotdog looked like, except I only got 1. The relish was super green, and was a little freaky lookin. But you eat the hot dog with the pickle on top just the way it is, and its not as easy as it looks! At Flub's, if you try to put Ketchup on your hot dog, they will take your picture and add it to their "Ketchup wall of Shame". There were quite a few pictures up there. It was a nice, cozy little stand, and I am glad that I had a chance to kick back with my friends.

Going 2 months without a paycheck is tough, and now its down to the crunch time. So, this will probably be the last chance I get to eat out for another month, since all my paycheck at the end of the month is going towards rent. But life goes on, and I'll make do somehow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino