Monday, October 6, 2008

The First Day

First days are always fun. Fun, fun fun. I got to work about 30 minutes early, so grabbed a small cup of coffee and read the Red Eye for a few minutes before heading on in. The training and background went well, and I am remembering a whole lot more of my massage research than I thought!

To remember one of the sets of category codes for data, I made the acronym "We Never Invite Robots" as a way of remembering the categories. It made me laugh, at least!

There's a lot to take in, and we haven't even started getting to the actual job duties. Today was all meetings over general company policy, guidelines, mission statement, etc and then a 2 and a half hour meeting with HR going over the benefits and employee handbook. All in all.. it was a 10 hour day by the time I got home, took the dog out, and got started on the process of getting some grub in my belly. Hopefully I can work out a better time schedule and shave off about 10 minutes on either side - that will give me enough time to get to work and still be a few minutes early, but not so much that the day keeps feeling longer and longer.

I hope the debates tomorrow don't cancel the next episode of House - its not tuesday without my heaping dose of sarcasm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino