Friday, October 10, 2008

Dealing


This week was a tough one... I had some personal struggles, as well as 2 cases of difficult medical complications in my family. As I type, my mom has arrived in Minnesota today to be with my grandma who was diagnosed with a large tumor growth in her bladder. Surgery is out of the question, and at her age, the effects of chemo will likely be just as bad or worse than the effects of the tumor itself. Doctors are giving her realistically through christmas, at the most optimistic. No one knows what this means for our cruise travel plans, and all the details that entails.

I am really having a hard time right now adjusting to a new support network, and then having to spend all this week alone after work aside from the tuesday house show. I think too much, and these evenings are my enemy. I've tried to combat with a good hour long walk in the evenings, with limited success. I enjoyed a bottle of ravenswood cabernet, which at least helped to silence my mind a little while trying to get to sleep.

I've reached the end of my first week of work, and am happy to report my boss is in love with my work, and I'm making friends. I've had lunch twice with a gal in another department, and today we took the train home together, with her getting off a stop before me. I'm glad the week is over for the smorgasboard of treats that were part of the customer service appreciation week. It was a bit much compared to my diet the last month, and I wanted to enjoy the time with everyone else. I do know having regular ice cream does my tummy a little upset, as today showed.

Tomorrow is a game of mini golf in the morning, and then I guess I need to hunt up some quarters and try to find some time to do laundry, since I only have 2 pairs of pants I can wear to work, outside of my black dress pants. I don't want to start feeling like I'm trying too hard, when everyone else can still scale it and be chic and casual. And pay the bills. The Other big thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino