Monday, June 1, 2009

Calm after the storm



I had a friend from AZ visiting last week, so any spare time I had immediately disappeared, including time to update the good ol' blog. One of our places we hit was Navy Pier and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I do not have a seafood friend in Chicago, so it was very nice to each eat nearly a pound of shrimp! Yum!!!

Good news, gramma is doing OK. She's still needing help strength wise to stand up and walk, but she seems to be comfortable in the nursing home and relatively pain free. I am waiting for my cash flow to build back up again so I can see about making another road trip out either at the end of June or beginning of July. My only worry is that rental cars continue to get more expensive as the summer goes on. Hopefully Hertz is realizing I may become a frequent customer and is willing to cut me a deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino