Sunday, April 5, 2009

Exploring the City

My adventure yesterday took me to the streets of Lincoln Park and past DePaul University.

It really is so interesting to feel the different flavors of the neighborhoods. I spent yesterday walking on North, Clyborne, Ashland, and Fullerton. I covered about 3 miles on foot, and was slightly surprised that my mental picture of Lincoln park was slightly different than reality. Maybe I picked bad roads (read: major car thoroughfares) but I had envisioned Lincoln park to be a grittier version of lakeview, which I have spent more time in. In a way I was right, but at the same time it didn't feel as "close" as some of the other neighborhoods, especially Lakeview. It did have many local daily trip places in nearby walking, but I think I need another trip and a venture starting from a more neighborhood centric point.

It was a great view of downtown waiting at the Fullerton stop. I didn't have my camera with me, but I am planning to carry that more frequently just to be able to snap things as I see them, instead of trying to plan a dog walk in that area so I remember to take my camera and go back again.

Dusty loves his new exotic treats, and was more than happily entertained for at least an hour, munching away in the corner. Spoiled little furball!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino