Friday, May 6, 2011

Seattle!


I am spending the next few days in the Pacific Northwest. Oh how I have missed traveling.

It makes for long days, and there is the overpriced airport food, screaming kids, stiff chairs.

But it is a change of scene and a world you can immerse yourself in. A world where you see your life hitting a wall and breaking into others.

I am here primarily for some extremely long time coming family time. I had originally planned to rent a car and hit up Vancouver as I mentioned earlier. There was a small twinge when I got off the plane and realized how relatively close I am to several groups of friends I would love to see. It is only a few hours to Portland, only a few hours to Vancouver. Alas... it is not for this time.

But!

I am going to do everything in my power to spend Monday and the Museum of Flight. My mom goes back home Sunday afternoon, and so I think that I should be able to talk my dad into at least dropping me off. He works with airplanes and so I am sure while he might not realize I plan to spend 5-6+ hours there, he'd at least humor me and come along for an hour or 2.

And yes. Me. 6 Hours. Planes. Can you say true bliss?

Oh and the coffee. Don't even get me started on the coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino