Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam!

Yesterday was Sam's birthday... I took the day off and we spent the whole day doing exactly what Sam pleased.


We started the fun a little early with a game night with some friends that were also visiting that went until 3am, then slept in till 1:30pm.
I had raved about Ann Sather cinnamon rolls and so we decided to get up quickly and head into Lakeview to go to the cafe that was still open until 3. Lucky street parking and 2 stuffed goobers later.. we returned the rental car and chilled to some soma.fm and read for a bit.




Dinner was his choice and we hit up Bar B Que Bobs about a mile away from my house. Bob himself was the one behind the grill.. can you say baby Back RIBS!? The sides weren't great but that's not why we were there. I have a feeling Sam will be heading back there for a lunch at some point.




We'd snagged Carrot Cake and Pear Bundt Cake from Kopi on Tuesday after having some japanese at Sunshine Cafe. This was my first real Japanese dinner and I had seaweed Salad and unagi for the the first time. Yum to Both!




Also had 3 new wines from In Fine Spirits. I've known about that place since I moved to Andersonville but had never set foot in. Now I know why.. it was because I would have just handed over my wallet every week :D. While we were there we saw a poster for some events at Hamburger Mary's/Mary's Attic, so I think we're going to go to the shows on Sunday and next Tuesday. Burlesque is always a ton of fun.




The best part of last night was putting 31 candles on the piece of carrot cake. Sam was still in the living room while I was lighting the candles, which were about to set off the smoke detector. He didn't quite understand the slight panic in my voice as I was telling him to get his butt in the kitchen and blow them out. The look on his face when he saw the flames was priceless!




And last but not least... my snazzy boy toy sporting a fedora. Damn he looks good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino