Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Nice Surprise



I spent the afternoon at my first ever Cubs Game! My boss came into my office around lunch time, and asked if I was really busy. I first I was thinking to myself, is she really that obtuse? I KNOW she knows we're busy. So I give the noncomittal "Its working but its under control". Then she puts a piece of paper in my hand and says she'll be driving and that she's leaving in about 30 minutes.

When I look down, the paper is a tickets for the Chicago Cubs Game. That starts in one hour! Whoa!!!!

The picture was taken with my phone from where I was sitting. We were guests of Aon, since the insurance provider for our members was having their yearly (or something frequently) meeting, and had taken out the directors and other directly involved with the insurance process. It was an absolutely fantastic, completely unexpected surprise. I told my boss thank you for thinking of me.

And now its time to make snickerdoodles, because I get to see LAUREN!!!!! She's in town for the weekend and my anam cara and a group of us are meeting up for dinner tomorrow night. I will NOT forget my camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino