Saturday, July 4, 2009

the 4th

This year's 4th is light years different than last year. Last year, I was at a family bbq with friends, good food, beer, and my first ever fireworks.

This year... I went to a movie by myself, had a pita at the mall, and went to the used bookstore. The small local theatre by me reopened on Wed, and their movies are $5 including tax. Can't be that nowadays. I saw The Hangover, easy laughs without having to think too much.

I found it ironic after I got dressed that I'm wearing the same shirt as I did last year on this day. Same shirt, different ways the day played out.

Sad news.... my parents got home from their drive from MN to find one of our dogs had died outside between the time my sis left to go hiking and the time they got home a few hours later. Poor Amos :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino