Saturday, June 5, 2010

Autonomy


The day you embrace your own... and respect others right to theirs, is the day I have come to believe that you have hope in successful relationships. This means taking people exactly as they are.. without secret agendas to "fix them up" to meet your requirements. It means realizing no one owns anyone else. Your choices are your own... you do not automatically gain rights to make decisions for anyone else. Sometimes rediscovering connections and relationships later in life means that you can take an initial chemistry/spark and add life experiences to that. You just might find that something you enjoyed but didn't pursue is now exactly what you would have asked for if given the chance. Kinda funny how that works.
No relationship will ever be perfect. But I am more than happy to find myself in one that while not perfect, both individuals are under no disillusions. We are both working on things that increase our self sufficiency, independence, and ability to embrace the things that are most important in our lives.

We have very similar priorities and I love waking up each day and finding someone else able to enjoy the small things with me. Someone else who recognizes the steps I've taken in the last couple years and not only understands the journey, but actually finds it one of my most attractive features. THAT, my friends, is what makes me happier than anything. That I am embraced for the things that make me unique and different and ME.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino