Thursday, June 3, 2010

Anticipation


Yesterday was a horrendous evening for me.

I have been pushing on an adrenaline high for the previous 3 weeks, first from a visit to see my lovely love and then a week in Cali doing some side work. The side work continued when I got back to Chicago as I compiled my findings for the final report, which got handed in Monday. Or so I thought.

Tuesday I get an email saying half the slides were missing. Never a good sign, and I know I should have checked it myself (heck, why else did I cc myself on the email) but in any case, I had to scramble to get my hands back on my laptop quickly and get that resolved.

So when I got home yesterday, all that momentum that had been pushing pushing for all this time has depleted. I had a weather migraine from the storms moving in, no appetite, and severe sleep deprivation.

Its amazing how much difference a day can make. Today... I found out Neverwhere was extended 4 weeks - I had a fantastic time at the show earlier this month, and can't wake to take Sam with me. That's the other half of the fantastic day.. I get to spend some quality time with my guy while he comes to visit in July - even to the point of getting to say Happy Birthday and make a Carrot Cake.


So much better way to end the evening.. and a cute shot because I don't often get to do these kinds of things. Us at my fav Tempe restaurant Phoenicia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino