Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 1: Hiking!

The original forecast called for rain for most if not all of my trip. How pleasantly suprised I am to not see a single drop as of yet. I know better than to take it for granted, so today didn't any of the things I contemplated yesterday.

I drove across Lion's Gate Bridge and went to Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver, and then the other direction to Lynn Canyon. I was so glad to be back on a *true* trail, and I decided to hit these places today before the weekend crowd came and it was packed. Both parks had minimal visitors, so I was able to amble around at my own pace and look in every nook and cranny as I usually do.

In both places I found a rock and just chilled. In Lighthouse Park, it was on the edge of East Beach, overlooking Downtown Vancouver, UBC/Endowment Lands, and the Lions Gate Bridge. At Lynn Canyon I found a rock in the middle of the river.

Best of all.. stopped for lunch at Port Royal. There was a cupcake shop in the shopping plaza, and they had candles! I had a red velvet cupcake with a red candle. Happy Birthday to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Windy City Memories. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino